Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Anxious Inhibition


This poem compares the social anxiety I feel to butterflies coming to life inside of me. I started writing this during the summer, but its message and meaning is seen most in school settings when I'm around peers I don't know very well. It's crippling, uncontrollable, and I don't know how or why it has developed since being in college.

Flapping wings
Insects sing
Cocoons bring
Monarch king

Newborn birth
Surrounding girth
Outside dirt
Beneath shirt

Hatching eggs
Shaking legs
Patience begs
Irritation segues

Sudden commotion
Rushing ocean
Explosive emotion
Incomplete quotient

Blood letting
Exterior shedding
Internal fretting
Social setting

Amplified intuition
Lack restriction
Stressful condition
Anxious inhibition

No comments:

Post a Comment