Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Otherside


A poem inspired by doing exactly what the first two lines say. I also received some inspiration from ColdPlay's "What If". When I think about how fleeting each day and my life is, I try and take time to not let moments slip. Telling people I love them often. Thanking service men and women for what they've done. Breaking internalized stereotypes by striking up conversation with someone I feel is "sketchy" or undesirable. Things like that just make me feel good inside. Life's too short to pass those times up. This poem is basically for anyone in my life.

One second I’m on my back
Under a blue dusky sky
The next I could be
Falling off the Otherside
The dogs are barking
Hellhounds, it would seem
Here I am in a moment
Existing for the time being
One second I’m a floating speck
In an ocean of stars
The next I could be
The vapor exiting your car
Bombs might be falling
In just a minute or two
So why waste life away
Living it without you?
One second you’re my friend
Somebody that I love
If the next you walk away
Meet me again up above
Then when the world is void,
We’ll have no more disputes
No money or school or people
To stop us from being true
If one second when we live
Either of us should depart,
The next moment being Heaven,
Just know you have a place in my heart
A special spot where we exist,
Only to be filled by you and I
Dearest friend, I’ll be writing, always
‘til we fall off the Otherside

No comments:

Post a Comment