Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thoughts


This is a poem that I've had sitting around for awhile. I wrote it one late night/morning when everything felt overwhelming and out of control. In those moments, writing can be the only tangible thing that makes sense.

I thought about quitting today
I hope I don’t
Because there’s so much to do
Accomplishments
I have to move past you
I thought about using today
But I had to stop
Because it was too insane
False glory
And it isn’t the right way to change
I thought about dying today
But then I stopped
Because it was all too real
A real escape
But not a solution to what I feel
2.06 buys me a burger and fries
But 2:06 am is the time
And now is the second
To change, to live, and to never look back

1 comment:

  1. I liked the orderly sequence and the finale. Tied it all together. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete