Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Forgive and Forget


Forgive me
When it seems I’m not
Paying attention to you
My brain is a whirlwind
Forget me
During times of indecision
Instances of neglect
The responsibility is too great
I’m sorry for leaving
When things seemed solid
And your plans fell through
Because of me
I cannot absolve it
I regret any hurt I caused
But you invented my guilt
To keep me at bay
On an island
Walking on stilts
Forgive me
If I seem absent
While in the same room
Other worlds are calling me away
Forget me
If I can’t seem to do enough
I understand the frustration
But I can’t give that much

1 comment:

  1. Wow, another incredible display of your ability to express something in the depth of one's soul. Maybe yours? Maybe someone you know? Whatever the case may be, I give you two-thumbs up. :-)

    momwithapanwhoknowswhattodowithit

    ReplyDelete