Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Reproba Luminarium (False Light)


A fleck of glitter fell to me
Just a fragile piece of art
This tale began with a choice
So I held the speck close to heart

The glitter can't help, and it can't see
It can't change the fact that it's stuck to me

It won't wash off
It won't go away
Do I want it to leave?
Or shall it stay?

So pretty and bright
On my hand it alights
To sting skin and sight,
Bring sickness, pain, and blight

Cuz it made me feel good
I felt ever so fine
I chose to let it stay
It sparkled and shined

Now the glitter can't help, and it can't see
It can't change the fact that it only hurts me

Though it catches not my eye
That false light that gleams
It looks appealing from afar
Those treacherous light beams

Red, green, and a little bit of white
It came ever so quiet on that lonely night
And even though my prayers I do recite,
The glitter glares and it's still not alright

Burned out I lay awake
Pondering, "What shall I do?"
But answers do not come
And so this misery ensues

So leave me alone
Just let me be
This tale ends with a choice
Get away from me

No comments:

Post a Comment